In November 2016 I wrote a post about the iOS WebView Auto Dialer bug specifically in the iOS Twitter and the iOS LinkedIn apps. Last weekend I finally had the time to retest those apps to see if the bug was fixed. Retests in December and January showed the bug was still present (as far as I remember). Both apps are fixed now!
Playing around with this a bit more I discovered a new security warning on iOS. There now seems to be a detection for the case where a website automatically tries to open a TEL URL. The dialog doesn't always appear but when it does you first have to click allow before being presented with the actual Call/Cancel dialog. Neat!
The conclusion seems to be that the bug was fixed and that they added a new detection and warning dialog. Good!